Technical Assistance Project Manager
Full time position
Deadline: The hiring committee will begin reviewing resumes immediately and remove the posting once position(s) are hired.
Position Location: This position is open to candidates living within an hour of a major airport in the continental United States. Abortion Care Network (ACN) is headquartered in Minneapolis but the majority of staff are remote. All candidates who live outside of the Twin Cities metro area must have the flexibility and ability to work remotely from a home office. It is anticipated that this position will travel approximately once per month.
Starting Salary: $60,000-65,000, DOQ
Benefits: New hire will receive medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance with premiums paid in full, as well as coverage of a percentage of qualifying dependent(s) health, dental, and vision insurance. Benefits also include: 15 days paid time off each year (earned on an accrual basis), 11 paid holidays, professional development funds, and participation in an employer matched 401k plan.
Organization Summary: Abortion Care Network (ACN) is the national association for independent, community-based abortion care providers and their allies. ACN is a network of independent abortion care providers (Indies) and the allies who support them. Indies face a distinct set of obstacles. ACN works to eliminate these challenges through direct support and collaboration with other reproductive health, rights, and justice organizations. Our network of Indies and allies work to advance our collective goal of equal and just access to dignified and exceptional abortion care.
Over the last year, Abortion Care Network has doubled in size and is intentionally working to create a more representative and inclusive organization as part of our growth. We strive as a body of abortion care providers and allies to transform our perspectives and practices, and to challenge abortion stigma, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, ethnocentrism and oppression in all its forms. This commitment stems from the concerns and realities of abortion care providers and the people they serve. This work is ongoing and evolving, and we are seeking a candidate who is both personally and professionally committed to joining us in this work.
Reports To: The Technical Assistance Project Manager will report to an ACN Leadership Team member
Job Overview: The goal of Abortion Care Network’s Technical Assistance Project Manager is to support the technical assistance needs of member clinics. The work of the Technical Assistance Project Manager will enable ACN to better support the sustainability of our member clinics as they navigate current and future opportunities and barriers to abortion provision by providing direct technical assistance, such as: identifying consultants and vendors, supporting clinics in accessing financial resources through grant writing and data collection, and strategizing solutions and supporting implementation of those solutions to help meet each member clinic’s varied needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Technical Assistance Project Manager will:
- Track and respond to technical assistance requests of independent abortion providers;
- Work with member clinics to strategize, identify and help implement solutions;
- Identify vendors and consultants who are able and willing to serve our member clinics;
- Connect member clinics with consultants and vendors;
- Support clinics in accessing financial resources;
- Conduct clinic outreach to members to ensure they are aware of opportunities and available resources;
- Grow and maintain connections and collaborations with ACN allied members who provide direct services to our members;
- Support implementation of ACN’s professional development programming;
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor
Preferred experience and qualifications:
- 2-3 years working at an independent clinic and/or working for a non-profit organization that provides direct supports to abortion care providers;
- Expertise in finance, business or nonprofit management;
- Attention to detail and ability to manage time effectively, meet tight deadlines;
- Experience with program management;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- An experienced problem solver;
- Solid interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to work as part of a team;
- A genuine enthusiasm for the work, with the ability to self-motivate;
- Ability to manage several projects and deadlines at once and remain flexible;
- Mac Proficient; experience with Microsoft Office and Google suite
- A commitment to reproductive, racial, social, and economic justice.
Travel: Approximately 1-2 times per month within the continental US. Travel will be required to support Abortion Care Network’s coalition work, annual conference (one week per year), and on-site meetings at the Minneapolis headquarters (as needed). Travel in this role may grow along with portfolio of the job.
To Apply: Please submit a resume with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience to [email protected] with the subject line: “Application: Technical Assistance Project Manager.” Please be sure to mention how you found out about the position and describe your professional commitment to sexual and reproductive health, rights, and/or justice in your cover letter. We will begin reviewing resumes as they are submitted and will remove the posting once the position(s) are hired.
ACN is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to build and maintain a diverse staff with regard to race, culture, ethnicity, class, religion, physical ability, age, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation. We strongly encourage people of color, current or former clinic staff, and people who have had abortions to apply.