On March 10, 1993, Dr. David Gunn was murdered by a white supremacist anti-abortion extremist. As a way to honor the life and work of Dr. Gunn and all of the courageous, compassionate people who provide abortion care, March 10 became the National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers (beginning in 1996).
In 2017, Abortion Care Network launched our #CelebrateAbortionProviders campaign, which has become an annual tradition of celebrating and appreciating abortion care providers through love notes, art, acts of kindness and support, messages of affirmation, a giant love-fest Tweetstorm, and more. We invite you to join us in showing gratitude and support for abortion care providers everywhere.
#CelebrateAbortionProviders media coverage
- Ms Magazine: On Abortion Provider Appreciation Day, We Heart: The Important Work of Abortion Providers
- Bustle: 3 Abortion Providers On Tailoring Their Services To Trans Patients
- The Hill: Unnecessary restrictions on abortion pose undue burden to women’s constitutionality
- City Pages: It’s Abortion Provider Appreciation Day in Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Times Union: March 10th Marks Celebration for Abortion Providers As Stakes for Access Remain High
- Rewire: This Abortion Provider Appreciation Day, Get to Know the People Who Make Abortion Care Possible
- Bustle: Black Women Who Provide Abortions Open Up About The Challenges & Rewards Of Their Work
- Colorlines: Guided by Love, Abortion Care Providers Are Voices For Their Communities
- Hello Giggles: When the right to choose is under attack, abortion providers refuse to back down
- BUST: Activists explain why abortion is a human right
- ATTN: Abortion Provider Appreciation Day
- Refinery29: How An Abortion Provider Juggles Work & Family
- Bustle: 10 Reasons to Celebrate Independent Abortion Care Providers
- Broadly: My Abortion Made Me Appreciate All That Abortion Providers Do For Women
- Reproductive Left (podcast): Who Are Independent Abortion Care Providers?
- Abortion Broadcast: Who are Abortion Providers?
- ReproMadness podcast: Celebrate Abortion Providers
#CelebrateAbortionProviders 2020: Celebrating Care In Our Communities
#CelebrateAbortionProviders 2019: Faithfully Celebrating Abortion Providers