Fake health centers use deception and shame to delay or push abortion and prenatal care out of reach.
People seeking pregnancy-related services need information and expert health care, not politically-motivated deception, pressure, or shame. And yet fake health centers engage in a variety of dishonest tactics — deceptive advertising, misleading websites, and pushing medically inaccurate information — to lure pregnant people through their doors.
Patients need care they can trust.
The Supreme Court won’t hold fake health centers accountable, but you can help end the deceptive tactics that push abortion care out of reach by supporting real abortion providers and exposing fake health centers.
Put an end to the deception. Get to know your local independent abortion clinic so that you and those you love can access compassionate reproductive health care when you need it.
FIND AN INDEPENDENT CLINIC »
Expose fake clinics. Report or review fake health centers in your community:
Want to know more?
- Six Things to Know About Fake Clinics (from Abortion Care Network in Teen Vogue)
- The Truth About Crisis Pregnancy Centers (from NARAL Pro-Choice America)
- States Are Funneling Money to CPCs (from ThinkProgress)
- Fake Clinics Attempt to Trick Pregnant Women (from Broadly)
People who seek abortion care arrive at a thoughtful decision about what is best for themselves, their families, and their futures. They should be able to get the pregnancy-related care they need, when they need it — without deception, shame, or politically-motivated delays.
Ongoing coverage of our #EndAbortionDeception campaigns:
- Politico: California Billboards Aim to Discredit “Abortion Reversal”
- Ms: Challenging Anti-Abortion Junk Science, One Billboard at a Time
- Rewire: Pro-Choice Advocates Hit Back Against Abortion ‘Reversal’ Deceit
- The East Bay Times: Bay Area billboards denounce anti-abortion centers, controversial procedure
- Colorlines: New Billboard Campaign Counters ‘Abortion Reversal’ Misinformation
- Capital Public Radio: California Nurse Puts Face On Billboards to Push Back Against ‘Abortion Reversal’ Science
- SF Weekly: Bay Area Billboards Target Abortion Deception
- Rewire: Anti-Choice Centers Targeted in California Billboard Campaign